MQB HPA Motorsports IS38 Hybrid Turbo Upgrade
Capable of holding power all the way to over 6000 RPM, our IS38 hybrid turbo is an natural upgrade to IS38, IS20, and even IS12 equipped cars where the OEM units lose breath mid-way in the RPM range. HPA’s custom compressor and turbine wheel design creates up to 450 HP* at only 23-24 PSI. Performance aside, the IHI IS series turbos have been plagued with poor oil flow design causing premature failure of the bearings resulting in broken turbine shafts. HPA has designed custom bearings with increased oil flow for both reliability and peace-of-mind.
Each CHRA is built to the OEM quality specifications, with the individual components of the rotating group balanced on a Schenk Balancer. Once fully assembled, each complete CHRA assembly is balanced with a VSR Balancer. The VSR Balancer is used and approved by leading turbo manufacturers Borg Warner, Garrett Honeywell, and IHI, ensuring a perfect assembly.
HPA IS38 Hybrid features:
- Supports up to 450HP / 450TQ
- Direct replacement
- Turbo muffler delete for smoother exhaust gas flow
- HPA proprietary mixed-flow turbine wheel
- HPA proprietary CNC machined billet compressor wheel
- CNC machined intake and exhaust housings
- Fully upgraded journal and thrust bearings
- Quicker compressor spool
- Higher output across the full RPM range