Mishimoto Performance Intercooler Kit VW/Audi MQB
The mantra behind the grandfather of all hot hatchbacks has long since been that big things come in small packages. Now on its 7th generation, the 2015+ VW MK7 Golf/GTI/R’s and its intercooling system are about to receive a much needed overhaul with the Mishimoto Performance Intercooler Kit.
The stock system can be best described as the meat in an intercooler sandwich. It’s no wonder with it placed directly between the radiator and AC condenser that this tube and fin constructed intercooler has trouble keeping up. Where this lighter core coupled with plastic end tanks might be suited for mass production and tame street driving, it will struggle to keep your intake air temperatures down under more intense driving, especially after the boost is turned up.
The Mishimoto 2015+ Volkswagen MK7 Golf/GTI/R Performance Intercooler, armed with an arsenal of cooling technology, takes the place of the stock intercooler. Our engineers were able to squeeze in a larger core, increasing the overall volume by 89% over stock and bumping up the external fin surface area by 162%. On top of the larger core, our all aluminum, TIG welded intercooler features a more robust bar and plate construction for better heat dissipation characteristics. In addition, the cast aluminum end tanks are integrated with airflow diverters to ensure use of the full core.
In addition to the more robust intercooler, the Mishimoto Performance Intercooler Kit for your 2015+ VW MK7 Golf/GTI/R or Audi 8V A3/S3 includes our Performance Intercooler Pipe Kit. We ditched the stock plastic piping and rubber couplers for mandrel bent aluminum piping and 5 layer silicone couplers. Our piping increases the air channels to and from the intercooler to 2.75 inches, resulting in a 30% increase in flow.
When combined, our innovations for the MK7 intercooling system yielded max power gains of 14.5 whp and 13 wtq on the stock tuning. In addition, our charged air cooler dropped intercooler outlet temperatures by 23°F over stock equipment. Our 2015+ Volkswagen MK7 Golf/GTI/R Performance Intercooler Kit also includes a pair of CNC machined aluminum mounting brackets, and our piping is available in wrinkle black and polished finishes. As with all of our products, the Volkswagen MK7 Golf/GTI/R Performance Intercooler Kit includes our Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty for a worry free installation.
- Max power gains of 14.5 whp and 13 wtq on stock tuning
- 89% increase in core volume
- 162% increase in external fin surface area
- Drops intercooler outlet temperature by 23°F
- Cast end tanks with internal diverters for optimal airflow through core
- 10% increase in average diameter over stock piping
- 30% increase in flow over stock components
- Mandrel bent aluminum piping with durable 5 layer silicone couplers
- Bar and plate intercooler core construction
- Includes CNC machined adjustable mounting brackets for precise installation
- Piping available in polished and wrinkle black finishes
- Mishimoto lifetime warranty
- 2015+ Audi 8V A3
- 2015+ Audi 8V S3
- 2015+ VW MK7/MK7.5 Golf
- 2015+ VW MK7/MK7.5 Golf R
- 2015+ VW MK7/MK7.5 GTI
- 2015+ VW MK7/MK7.5 Golf Alltrack
- 2015+ VW MK7/MK7.5 Golf SportWagen