AWE Tuning SwitchPath Exhaust VW MK7 Golf R
An exhaust for the hottest of VW’s hatchbacks - with options to suit every taste, and unmatched quality, fitment, performance and tone.
- Proudly designed, engineered, and manufactured in-house at AWE
- Max gains of 12 hp and 9 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels (turbo-back, stock software)
- Available as valved SwitchPath™ or more unleashed Track Edition
- Handcrafted from CNC mandrel-bent 3” and 2.5” U.S.-sourced .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
- Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
- Performance downpipes are available as resonated or non-resonated
- 102mm double-walled, slash-cut tips available in chrome silver or diamond black
- Perfect fitment, guaranteed
- AWE no CEL guarantee
- AWE lifetime warranty
- SwitchPath™ exhausts are available with the AWE SwitchPath™ Remote for push-button mood control (sold separately)
Smooth bends, tight packaging, and two attitudes. The SwitchPath™ Exhaust is comprised of handcrafted 3-inch and 2.5-inch U.S.-sourced T304L stainless steel with a valved passenger-side tip outlet.
SwitchPath™ retains the factory valve behavior and obeys the Golf R’s ECU commands based on throttle input, engine speed, and Drive Select. Sneaking out in the morning or creeping through town? Close the valve. Ready to rip? Toggle into Dynamic and your Golf R will sing a signature AWE tune with enhanced crackles that will provoke a firm grin.
Track Edition Exhaust
For those who like it raw, rowdy, and light, the AWE Track Edition is for you. The Track Edition takes all of the precision engineering and performance of its SwitchPath™ counterpart, minus the valve on the passenger’s side and the muffler on the driver’s side. The result is a constant “valve open” mode.
Note: This version is known to get (really) rowdy, and may be too much for many. For that reason, this particular version cannot be returned due to sound preference. You’ve been warned.
We made it easy to convert between SwitchPath™ and Track Edition if you decide at a later date to change your volume. Easy.
AWE SwitchPath™ and Track Edition come standard with 102mm double-walled, slash-cut tips in your choice of chrome silver or diamond black, complete with stamped AWE logo.
What’s in the Box?
Complete SwitchPath™ or Track Edition Exhaust, four 102mm double-walled, slash-cut tips in desired finish, and all necessary hardware for installation.
About the AWE SwitchPath™ Remote
Push-button mood control.
- Open and close exhaust valves with the push of a button from inside the cabin at any time
- Works with stock system, or AWE SwitchPath™ Exhaust
- Comes as a set of two remotes with wiring harness, control box and mounting hardware
- Compact design perfect for a keychain or cup holder
- From quiet to aggressive with the tap of a button
- No check engine light - guaranteed
What It Does
The AWE SwitchPath™ Remote and accompanying control box overrides the factory valving to allow the exhaust valves, whether it be on the AWE SwitchPath™ Exhaust or the stock exhaust, to be opened or closed manually via the SwitchPath™ Remote.
How to Operate
With the AWE SwitchPath™ Controller installed, the exhaust valves can be opened by pressing the “On” button found on the left side of the SwitchPath™ Remote. To close the exhaust valves simply press the “Off” button on the right side of the remote.
Please note, the AWE SwitchPath™ Remote overrides the stock valve control, meaning the exhaust must be opened and closed with the remote as desired.
Valve Simulators: Why Do You Need Them?
Sound perfection comes standard thanks to AWE’s SwitchPath™ Technology, which utilizes the Golf R's factory valving. But when it comes to the Track Edition versions of these systems, these valves are eliminated, the ECU stores what is known as a ‘soft code’ in the system. While this code is not harmful, who wants it? Enter the AWE Electronic Valve Simulators.
These simple devices plug right into the factory harness in place of the exhaust valves, and prevent any code from ever being stored in the ECU due to the removal of the exhaust valves. Plug them in. Start it up. Drive away. That simple. Comes as a set of two.
- 2015 - 2017 VW MK7 Golf R