HPA Motorsports OEM+ IS38 Hybrid Turbo VW/Audi MQB
We have a considerable number of upgrades made to the VAG OEM IS38 to address all reliability concerns and believe our product will be one of the most reliable options out there. The upgrades include:
- Billet extended-tip compressor wheel – This allows for better spool and anti-surge characteristics while still being compatible with all brands of IS38 tuning.
- Fully upgraded and redesigned bearing system – Our bearing system has been used on our 450 HP level Hybrid in the field for well over a year with 100% reliability. We are providing the exact same system but in an OEM+ design. This is insurance from the known weaknesses of the OEM turbo.
- Inconel wastegate flapper – We found on some OEM turbos after long-term heat cycling from high EGTs to cold, the wastegate itself physically bends. Some of them have snapped and ended up in the catalytic convertor. This is a concern especially for those customer who attend track days and drive their cars hard. We have upgraded all our wastegates with a highly heat resistant Inconel version to ensure this never happens.
- Pre-set wastegate actuator – All turbos will ship from HPA with the wastegate actuator set to the exact voltage needed for true plug-and-play installation. Setting the wastegate on MQB based cars is complex and requires access to a VAGCOM which not all customers have access to.
- Includes 100% OEM Installation kit and HPA Turbo Muffler Delete.
- 2015+ Audi 8V A3
- 2015+ Audi 8V S3
- 2016+ Audi 8S TT
- 2016+ Audi 8S TTS
- 2015+ VW MK7/MK7.5 Golf
- 2015+ VW MK7/MK7.5 Golf R
- 2015+ VW MK7/MK7.5 GTI
- 2015+ VW MK7/MK7.5 Golf Alltrack
- 2015+ VW MK7/MK7.5 Golf SportWagen
We Also Recommend
Neuspeed P-Flo Air Intake VW/Audi MQB
Injen SP Black Short Ram Cold Air Intake VW/Audi MQB
AMS Performance Carbon Fiber Intake VW/Audi MQB